Monday, September 26, 2011

Chanel Blue Rebel

It was pouring rain the day I stopped by Chanel SoHo to pick up this polish. My shoes were soaked; my jeans were soaked from the knees down. But when you get to the door of the boutique, the tall, handsome guy in a suit opens the door for you and offers to take your soaking wet umbrella. He takes out a fresh plastic bag for you to drop it into so you don't have to drip all over the store. And because this is Chanel, the plastic bag has a Chanel logo on it. How could it be any other way?!

Here's Blue Rebel from the Les Jeans de Chanel collection in full sunlight. These pictures are two coats with regular clear polish on top.


And in the shade:


These pictures are fairly color-accurate on my monitor. Chanel Blue Rebel is very much a denim blue crème. It leans just the slightest bit towards green and has a hint of dustiness to it. This polish has a lovely and agreeable formula. It's completely smooth and opaque in two coats, and it dries quickly. I just checked the Chanel website, and Blue Rebel is out of stock, but Blue Boy and Coco Blue are still currently available.

8 comments:

  1. Last night I did a full manicure with it -- so easy to apply! I didn't need to do any cleanup at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous on you! I got Blue Coco and Blue Boy. I am still waiting to receive them, but I am dying to try them !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I hope you'll post swatches when you get them! I'd love to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely color. It reminds me of a dustier version of China Glaze's First mate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had First Mate to compare this to. I wonder how similar they are.

    ReplyDelete